How you set up your donation point is up to you, but to help you along here are a few helpful hints we have put together
To help you label your donation area properly we have created a poster the you can download and print out.
Communications Letter Download
To help you spread the word we have created a letter the you can download and distribute.
Here are some instructions for setting up your Donation Point
Thank you so much for hosting a Christmas Smile donation point.
The steps below are provided for your guidance if further information is required please contact us on email.
- Suggested location: reception area, kitchen point, a visible but safe/ monitored area.
- Style: The styling of your donation point is entirely up to you, make it as eye-catching or as seasonal as desired to attract attention. You could just have a simply decorated box or basket with the poster attached or nearby, maybe next to a Christmas tree or other seasonal decorations.
- Management: It is always best to appoint a donation point Champion who has the responsibility of collecting and storing the gifts once the donation point fills up.
- Advertising for donations is totally down to you as each location will require different marketing. A communications leaflet template is provided for your use if desired
- Gift Guidelines: Toys by age, senior gift and sweet treat suggestions.
- Registration: Make sure you complete the donation point registration form so we have a complete list of all locations for people to refer to.
- Gifts should be collected unwrapped.
- All donations should be delivered to Christmas Smile HQ (address below) by 5 pm on the 5th December 2015.